Amcrest Video Doorbell is a device that will be set up to communicate via the Devicebook Hub's secure Wi-Fi LAN. However, Devicebook cannot automatically configure the device to communicate with your Hub's Wi-Fi LAN. Instead, you should follow the instructions below to use the Manufacturer's app to set up the device.
Install the Amcrest Video Doorbell
1. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to install and wire the device.
2. Be sure to install the accompanying chime kit following the manufacturer's instructions. We'll walk you through setting it up below.
3. Make sure the transformer powering the Amcrest Video Doorbell and chime is 16V 30VAC.
4. Ensure the chime kit is installed before powering on the circuit.
Disable The Devicebook Hub's Firewall
The Devicebook Hub has a firewall that prevents Wi-Fi or Ethernet devices from communicating with the internet, for security purposes. You will need to turn off the firewall during the setup of the Amcrest Video Doorbell.
1. In the Devicebook App, disable the Hub's firewall. (House Check > Hub > Firewall Status > Turn Off.)
2. In the Devicebook App, navigate to House Check.
3. Tap on the > arrow on the Hub's tile.
4. Find "Firewall Status" and tap "Turn Off".
Gather Wi-Fi credentials
1. In the Devicebook App, in the hub's detail page, note down the Wi-Fi SSID and Password listed.
Set up the device using the Amcrest Smart Home App
Connect the Device to the Hub's Wi-Fi network
1. Get the Amcrest Smart Home App for iOS or Android
2. Create an account or sign in to the Amcrest Smart Home App.
3. Follow the instructions to set up a device in the Amcrest Smart Home App.
4. When the Amcrest Smart Home App asks you to set a device password, note down the password somewhere. You will need it soon.
5. Follow the instructions to connect the device to the Devicebook Hub's Wi-Fi LAN. Use the Hub's Wi-FI SSID and password you noted down above.
6. Once the device has successfully connected to the Devicebook Hub's Wi-Fi network, press NEXT in the Amcrest Smart Home App. sdasd
Make sure the device has the correct firmware.
7. If the Amcrest App asks you to upgrade the device's firmware, do NOT do so. You must use a specific version of the Amcrest Video Doorbell firmware, which you can install with the following steps.
8. Download the Amcrest firmware update tool here: Amcrest_ConfigTool_Eng_V3.20.10.T.180715.exe
9. Download the required firmware here: Amcrest_DB-LEXUS_Eng_N_16M_V1.000.00AC008.0.R.20210422.bin
10. Update the firmware of the Amcrest video doorbell to 1.000.00AC008.0.R,build:2021-04-22:
1. Install the Amcrest_ConfigTool_Eng_V3.20.10.T.180715.exe software on a computer.
2. Using the machine that has the firmware update tool installed, join the Devicebook Hub's WiFi network using the credentials from the 'Gather Wi-Fi Credentials' step.
3. Run the Config tool and modify the login credentials to match those of the Amcrest Video Doorbell (username: admin, password: <your password from step #4>).
4. Click on Refresh to locate the Amcrest Video Doorbell with the model number AD110.
5. In the Operate tab, click on the gear icon and navigate to the Upgrade tab.
6. Click on Open File and select the firmware file Amcrest_DB-LEXUS_Eng_N_16M_V1.000.00AC008.0.R.20210422.bin.
7. Click on Upgrade to begin updating the firmware of the AD110.
8. When the firmware update completes, you are are ready to move on to the next step.
Set up the Amcrest Chime Kit
11. Make sure you've installed the Amcrest Chime Kit according to the manufacturer's instructions that came packaged.
12. In the Amcrest App, in the Gear icon menu for this device, tap "Amcrest Chimes".
13. "Tap Link Digital/Mechanical Chime".
14. Select "Mechanical Chime" and then save. (Depending on the chime, you may need to select Digital Chime)
Link the Device to Devicebook using the Devicebook App
15. Switch back to the Devicebook App.
13. In the Devicebook App, navigate to House Check, and find the Amcrest Video Doorbell.
14. Tap "Set Up" for the Amcrest Video Doorbell.
15. Devicebook will ask you to enter a password. Enter the password you chose for this device in the Amcrest App in step 4, and press NEXT.
16. Follow the remaining instructions in the Devicebook App to complete device setup.