Using Air Safety
The Devicebook Air Safety Solution monitors your home for signs of dangerous smoke or carbon monoxide, and alerts you if they are detected. If you do not dismiss the issue as a false alarm, your emergency responders (see: About Responders) can be alerted as well.
Controlling and Monitoring Air Safety
Devicebook Air Safety can be controlled and monitored directly from the Devicebook App for a mobile phone or a Wall Pad.
Image of Devicebook Air Safety
You can monitor the status of each air safety sensor in your home, and view more information about alerts, from the Devicebook App. You can also choose whether responders should be notified about air safety alerts, and customize the types notifications that Devicebook sends about air safety from the Settings page.
View Device Status
How to view Air Safety device status
1. Tap "Air Safety"
2. Scroll to find the appropriate device in the home.
3. For each device, you will see whether it is connected or not, and whether it has detected smoke or carbon dioxide. If your home is equipped with audible alarm detectors, you will see whether an alarm has been detected.
Change Air Safety Notification Settings
How to change Air Safety notification settings
1. Tap "Air Safety"
2. Tap "Settings"
3. Tap "Manage Notifications"
4. Scroll to find the Air Safety notifications
5. Use the toggle switches to choose whether you receive Voice (Wall-Pad) notifications. For safety reasons, you cannot disable Push or SMS notification settings.
Just as you would with your mobile phone's Devicebook App, you can monitor your home's air safety sensors using any wall pad in your home.
Your home's Wall Pads will make verbal announcements when smoke or CO is detected in your home. You can adjust this setting by following the instructions above for "Change Air Safety Notification Settings".
Devicebook Air Safety is a standalone solution that does not have any built-in automations, and does not work with Routines.
Please sign in to leave a comment.