If your Devicebook Hub appears offline in the Devicebook App, or your devices are not behaving as expected, follow these instructions:
1. Power Cycle your Hub
- Unplug your Devicebook Hub's power adapter.
- Wait for five seconds.
- Plug your Devicebook Hub's power adapter back in.
- It may take up to five minutes for your Devicebook Hub to come back online. If it does not, or if devices are still not communicating properly, proceed to the next step.
2. Verify Hub's Connection to Internet
- Verify that the Ethernet cable plugged in to your Devicebook Hub's WAN port is inserted securely.
- Verify that the other end of the Ethernet cable is inserted securely into your home's internet modem, router, or switch.
- If either end was not secure, secure it. It may take up to five minutes for your Devicebook Hub to come back online. If this did not help, proceed to the next step.
3. Verify Devicebook App's Connection to Internet
- Make sure your iOS or Android device is connected to the internet
- Exit and re-open the Devicebook App.
4. Make Sure Devicebook Hub Software is Up-to-date
- In your Devicebook App, select the option to enter "House Check" on the main page of your Home Controller.
- Follow the prompts to enter House Check.
- Check to see if the first tile in the House Check page (Devicebook Hub tile) has an "Update" button.
If there is an Update button, your Devicebook Hub's software is out of date. Tap it to update the hub. It may take several minutes for the update to complete.
If none of the above steps work, chat with a Devicebook representative by pressing the Chat Bubble in the bottom right corner of the page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.